This odorless, invisible gas can stop the body from using up the oxygen that it needs for regular functionality. Carbon monoxide is produced when fossil fuels fail to combust properly. Those who are exposed to CO will often experience headaches, confusion, nausea, and an increased heart rate. High levels of carbon monoxide exposure can prove fatal in some cases.
We recommend installing a carbon monoxide detector in all homes that use gas heating systems. Heating systems should be inspected by a professional at least once a year to avoid CO leaks and the damage associated with these situations.
Asbestos is more abundant in older homes and commercial buildings and used to be a popular insulating material in properties.
As of 1971, this group of harmful minerals was declared as unsafe by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). If asbestos materials are disturbed, their fibers become airborne and can cause irreversible damage to the lungs, which can cause certain types of lung cancer.
If you know that there are products in your home that contain asbestos, the EPA recommends keeping them undisturbed and in good condition, or having them removed by a qualified professional.
Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that can be detected everywhere at low levels. This gas is a byproduct of the uranium in the Earth naturally breaking down. Radon exposure can increase the chances of getting lung cancer in human beings. Fortunately, homes can be screened for elevated levels of radon using a home testing kit or by scheduling an inspection with a professional.
As local HVAC contractors in Avalon and a provider of local HVAC services in Dennisville and the surrounding regions, we offer indoor air quality solutions to all of our customers. Our services also include AC and HVAC maintenance and repair, filter system installation and replacement, and air quality testing. To learn more about how we can keep the air you breathe clean, please browse our site or give us a call.