Most people don’t consider their drains very much. When working properly, they are an unassuming aspect of plumbing. This is the way it should be. But when drains stop working properly, they can become a major disruption. This is where drain cleaning services, like those offered by Hutchinson, come into play. Drain cleaning can eliminate clogs and get drains working again. With a little help from Hutchinson, you can have your drains working like new again.
When Do I Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services?
Professional drain cleaning services aren’t needed in every situation. However, in some, they are necessary. If you encounter any of these situations, your next step should be to take advantage of the benefits of professional drain cleaning with Hutchinson.
- You can’t remove the clog on your own: Some clogs are entirely surface-level and can be removed by giving the drain a light cleaning. However, others are more significant and can’t be cleaned without professional tools. In this situation, contacting a clogged drain cleaning service is the only choice.
- The clog is in the sewer: A clogged drain is one thing, but a clog in the sewer is an entirely different situation. These clogs require a far more advanced approach to remove and, thus, should be left to professionals.
- The clog has created more problems: A clog in the plumbing is a problem on its own but can also be the catalyst for additional problems. If you can’t stop the water from running into a clogged drain, then it will likely start to pool up around the drain and can even start flooding. If this happens, you need to get emergency plumbing services to remove the clog before the flooding starts creating water damage.
Common Causes of Clogs Include:
Clogs are a build-up of material that prevents a drain from flowing properly. They can be made from many different types of materials that come from many different sources. These include:
- Hair and other debris: Some things naturally find their way down the drain. Hair and other related debris are common culprits. Unfortunately, these have a nasty habit of getting tangled up together and creating a clog that stops water from flowing.
- Anything besides toilet paper that is flushed: The only thing that should be flushed in a toilet is toilet paper. This means sanitary products, other paper products, and even flushable wipes should not be flushed. If they are, they can clog the toilet.
- A build-up of minerals: Some homes have water that contains a moderate amount of minerals. Over time, these can stick to the drain and build up.
- Greases and oils: Many people pour the grease and oil from cooking down the drain because it is liquid. However, once these substances cool, they solidify and form a clog within the drain.
- Food waste: Some food waste may end up in the sink when washing dishes or preparing dinner. Common culprits include vegetable peels, coffee grounds, eggshells, and anything left on the plates. However, all of this can build up in the sink over time and create a clog.
Because there are so many ways clogs can form, there are several different ways of addressing these clogs. Luckily, at Hutchinson, we know exactly what to do with each situation. Our years of experience have given us the knowledge to easily handle any clog, no matter the source. So, if you aren’t sure where the clog is coming from or why it is happening, book an appointment with Hutchinson, and we’ll figure it out for you.
Prevent Clogs with Regular Drain Cleaning
Clogs usually don’t happen overnight. They take a while to build up. This makes it possible to prevent clogs from appearing at all.
Regular drain cleaning is the best defense against clogs. Cleaning the drains on a regular basis removes debris as it builds up and prevents this debris from ever forming into a full clog. This provides the home with several benefits and prevents homeowners from having to deal with the negative fallout from a clog.
Signs of a Drain Blockage
- Slow drains: If a drain doesn’t seem to drain as it should, there is likely a clog. This is often noticed when the water coming from a fixture isn’t immediately drained away by the drain. Instead, the water starts to pool up a bit as it flows. Noticing this situation is the easiest way to identify that a clog is around.
- Strange sounds: If a drain has a clog, it can create strange sounds that typically sound like gurgling. This is the result of water being forced through a more narrow and constricted passageway than it should have to deal with.
- Bad smells: If a clog is the result of material building up, that material can start to rot. This creates a smell that will be noticeable. This is most common in clogged sinks but can theoretically happen anywhere around the house.
- Flooding in the home or yard: If a clog is in one of the home’s pipes, it can cause a build-up of pressure that causes water to leak out in unexpected ways. This causes flooding either somewhere within the home or in the yard.
- The toilet won’t flush: If a toilet is clogged, it won’t flush. This is a clear sign that something is wrong and that plumbing services are necessary.
Contact Drain Cleaning Experts in Cherry Hill, NJ
With all of this in mind, the benefit of drain cleaning becomes more clear than ever. If you’re interested in clogged drain cleaning in Cherry Hill, NJ, look no further than the experts at Hutchinson. We offer a variety of plumbing services alongside drain cleaning and are available for emergencies, so you don’t have to wait around while your plumbing experiences problems.
Hutchinson has been serving NJ and the surrounding states since 1948, so we know a thing or two about handling drain cleaning problems. Not only are we great at what we do, we believe we’re the best at it. You can see for yourself by using our drain cleaning coupon to try our services today.