In New Jersey, if you own an older home or have ongoing or frequent issues with your plumbing, it might be time for pipe repair or replacement. If you have pipes that predate the 70s and 80s, they feature a material that is outdated and at the end of its lifespan. However, there are a few simple ways you can try to help you decide whether you need pipe repair in New Jersey or not.
Our professional staff can suggest repairs if you need them. We’ll outline how to tell if you have a bursted pipe and the options we offer for pipe repair below.
Dealing With Burst Pipes in New Jersey?
Winter in New Jersey can put your home’s comfort—and plumbing—to the test. If the temperatures unexpectedly drop, you could end up with frozen pipes that make a huge mess if they burst. This is where our team comes in. We dedicate ourselves to keeping your home comfortable and safe all year round, and we’re ready to help out if you have an emergency, 24/7.
Not sure how to fix a burst pipe? If not, this is where our techs come in. First, you must apply pressure to the leak to slow or stop it. You might be able to prevent the leaking temporarily by wrapping duct tape around the pipe. However, this only serves as a temporary solution while you await the arrival of a plumber. Here’s how to use a C-Clamp to patch up a burst pipe:
- Start by turning off the water at the main shut-off valve.
- Next, position a piece of rubber over the break in the pipe.
- Place a block of wood on top of the rubber.
- Open up the C-clamp so it’s wide enough to cover the wood and rubber over the hole.
- Tighten the C-clamp against the block of wood.
Remember, this isn’t a permanent fix, and calling the professionals for lasting pipe repairs is crucial. Our seasoned plumbers have plenty of experience tackling burst and frozen pipes. We work swiftly and effectively to provide long-lasting pipe repairs in New Jersey. Your comfort is our priority.
Signs of a Bursted Pipe
Knowing what to look for if you have a burst pipe can help you fix it faster, reducing the chances of experiencing expensive repairs and severe damage. We encourage you to call our technicians if you notice any of the following:
- Dripping or Clanging Noises in the Walls – Your walls shouldn’t sound like a haunted house. If you hear unexplained dripping or clanging noises, it could be a sign of a pipe that’s sprung a leak.
- Fluctuating Water Pressure – Does your shower’s water pressure vary from a gentle trickle to a full blast? Inconsistent water pressure is often a sign of a burst pipe.
- High Water Bills – If your water bills are suddenly through the roof without a clear reason, it might be due to water leaking out from a burst pipe.
- Mold Issues – A burst pipe can cause excess moisture, leading to mold growth. If you spot mold in unexpected places, it’s time to check your pipes.
- Puddles Under Your Sinks – Water pooling under your sinks is a clear sign of a problem. If you don’t see a visible leak from the sink or faucet causing the puddles, it could be a sign of a burst pipe.
- Smelly or Discolored Water – If you turn on the faucet and notice your tap water has an odd smell or color, it could mean you have a burst pipe. The discoloration and smell can be due to rust and other contaminants entering the water from the burst pipe.
- Water Marks – Unexplained water stains on your walls, ceilings, or floors can be a sign of hidden water damage from a burst pipe.
By recognizing these signs early on, you can prevent more severe damage from happening. Remember, call a professional to inspect your pipes and ask about pipe repairing services when in doubt.
Industry-Leading Plumbing Technology
At Hutchinson, we’re a full-service plumbing company with combined decades of experience, and we use the latest technology to assist with drain and sewer problems and pipe locating. We have the tools, technology, and expertise to accurately find leaky or burst pipes. Our team can also help you decide if we need to perform pipe repairs or if you need total pipe replacement. We’ll customize a solution and explain the problem to help you make informed decisions, and we’re proud to offer the following:
- Drain and Pipe Unclogging
- Pipe Installation
- Pipe Repair
- Pipe Replacement
Why You Should Hire a Professional Plumber
For most plumbing issues like pipe repair or replacement, it’s best to hire a professional plumber instead of tackling them alone. A professional can:
- Avoid Water Damage – Our technicians have the experience to diagnose and fix any problems they find to prevent more damage. A small leak you don’t address can lead to severe water damage, and we can mitigate these risks and protect your home.
- Offer Extended Warranties – Professional plumbing services often come with extended warranties. This means you’re covered if the same problem occurs again, giving you peace of mind and saving you money in the long run.
- Prevent Future Problems – Our team doesn’t just fix the issue at hand; they look at your entire plumbing system to anticipate potential future problems. Our expertise allows them to recommend preventative measures, saving you from costly pipe repairs.
- Safety – Plumbing jobs can be risky. We train our staff to handle potential hazards such as high water pressure, hot water and handling complex tools, ensuring your safety and the safety of your home.
- Use Professional-Grade Tools and Equipment – We ensure our technicians have the best tools and equipment available to help tackle different plumbing problems.
By bringing in one of our professional staff, you’re helping to extend your home’s plumbing system. In turn, this can help save you time, money, and stress while ensuring they do the job correctly the first time.
Call Hutchinson for Pipe Repair in New Jersey
If you’re experiencing any signs of a burst pipe or other plumbing issues, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Hutchinson. Our experienced team specializes in pipe repair and can handle any plumbing problem, big or small. We’re committed to ensuring the safety and durability of your home’s plumbing system. Visit our website to learn more about our services, and book an appointment with us today. Your peace of mind is our priority.