Hutchinson Mechanical Services is a fast-growing business in the tri-state area and in need of experienced highly qualified mechanics in the Central and Northern Jersey areas as well as Northern Delaware. We are active in the NJ Direct-Install Program, the Smart Start Program and active as a utility contractor partner. Handling multiple product brands and with on-site warehousing as well as duct fabrications, we are able to respond to all commercial and industrial applications.
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401K package
- Paid time off
- Company truck, cell phone and uniforms
- Laptop for BMS accounts
- Tool alliance program
- Training and education help
Full-time Commercial Service HVAC Mechanic
Competitive pay rates with great benefit and 401K packages.
$18 to $40 per hour, OT, plus commissions and bonuses
Work Hours: 40+ hours per week plus rotating on call and paid time off
Company-supplied vehicle, uniforms, laptop, phone, tool allowance and more!
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Full Job Description
As a Hutchinson Mechanical Service commercial mechanic, you will establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face-to-face (following company and CDC policies and guidelines). You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys and service requests including repair, replacement and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers. You will need to maintain and repair all major manufacturers of basic split systems, package rtu up to 90 ton, chillers up to 500 ton, boilers up to 6 million btu, DOAS units, energy recovery units as well as BMS. Great communication skills with customers, account managers and project managers regarding service call findings and recommendations a must. Work closely with the dispatcher and field manager for daily assignments, materials acquisition and weekly scheduling.
· Service, 4 years (Required)
· High School or Trade Equivalent (Required)
· EPA License (Required)
· Work authorization: United States (Required)
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
· Ability to pass a background check and periodic drug tests
· Good communication skills
· Conscientious, motivated, on time and work safely.
· Diagnose issues and resolve quickly to get the customer back up and running
· Lift 50lbs
· Carry and climb ladders when needed.
· Possess a broad array of knowledge including computer systems configuration, mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, 0-10 vdc electrical control signals, 24 vac – 480 vac and hydraulic system principals.
· Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with both colleagues and customers
· Organized and detail-oriented, particularly with regard to maintaining records
· Keeps a clean and neat appearance in front of customer
· Hands on Electro-Mechanical aptitude
· Experience with hand tools, power tools, meters, gauges
· Experience in field service-type work
· Working in all types of weather
· Work long days and or weekends when required
· Work in the on-call rotation
· Able to climb high ladders
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to wear a respirator
· Ability to respond to short-notice project work and emergency service calls
· Plumbing skills a plus