There’s a slight chill in the air, leaves are falling off the trees, the kids are back in school, pumpkin flavored everything has arrived: fall is officially here and the scorching summer days are now becoming a distant memory. While you are settling back into your daily routine, now is the perfect time to get your home ready for the approaching chilly weather. because before you know it, the holidays will be here, and the last thing you need is a frozen pipe or a broken garbage disposal while you’re entertaining your holiday guests or out of town visiting relatives.
Not only can cold weather take a toll on your car, but it can also be hard on the plumbing system in your home, as well. That’s why it’s important to make sure your plumbing system is in good, working condition so you can rest easy for winter finally arrives. If you are looking for an experienced plumber in Philadelphia region, Hutchinson Plumbing Heating Cooling Energy Services has over six decades of experience in the plumbing industry. Contact us for all of your plumbing needs this winter, even under a moment’s notice, we will be there!
In the meantime, to help avoid any plumbing catastrophes this holiday and winter season, consider the following
- Insulate Pipes: As temperatures drastically drop, inside pipes that contain water that are not insulated can freeze, or worse, burst, causing flooding.
- Fix Leaks: Check all faucets and look under sinks for puddles or moisture. Call your plumber to fix any leaks before the cold weather arrives.
- Check Your Water Heater: There’s nothing worse than looking forward to a hot shower after coming in from snow shoveling only to be engulfed with icy cold water.
- Overworked Disposal: During the holidays, the kitchen is the gathering place for food, family, and friends. Make sure your garbage disposal is working properly before throwing leftovers down the drain.
- Disconnect Outdoor Hoses: Leaving a hose connected to an outside faucet can cause damage to your pipes through freezing.
- Septic Backup: Make sure your sewage is running smoothly. The last thing you want is a backed up septic system during the winter & holidays.
Unfortunately, many of these plumbing nightmares happen when it’s too late, and there’s water everywhere. That’s why this is the best time of the year to make sure that your home’s plumbing is ready for winter: call Hutchinson, the Philadelphia plumber you can trust to keep your plumbing system in top working condition this winter!