Hopefully, you have enjoyed summer because fall is just around the corner, and before you know it, you will have to turn on the heat to keep your home warm and cozy. Did you know that almost 50% (HALF!) of your annual energy bill (approximately $2,200) goes towards heating your home making it one of the most important investments you can make in your home. This is why it may be a good idea to evaluate your heating system now in the fall rather than the middle of winter when your Camden County home may need some heating repairs.
Take a look at these telltale signs indicating that it may be time to replace your heating unit:
- Higher Bills – As your furnace ages, its efficiency decreases, causing a rise in your energy costs. This causes your system to run for longer periods of time, which ultimately jacks up your utility bill.
- Frequent Repairs – As a furnace approaches the end of its life, similar to a car, itis likely that you will experience more break downs and repairs. If the cost of repairs is over half the amount it costs to replace, it’s better to consider replacing.
- Age – The average life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 15 years. If your system is around this age it may be a good idea to start your research: otherwise you may be forced to replace your system as an emergency without the time needed to make an informed decision.
- Uneven temperatures – If some rooms are too hot while others are too cold, or you are always adjusting the thermostat, then it may be a sign the thermostat is not able to distribute air properly to keep you comfortable.
- Yellow burner flame – If you have a natural gas furnace, the flame should be blue with a small yellow tip when it’s functioning properly. An all yellow flame may be a sign of incomplete combustion and carbon monoxide emissions.
If you replace your furnace now, you’ll start experiencing some of these benefits such as lower energy bills, comfort, and peace of mind, knowing that your furnace was professionally installed by the number one rated heating installation company in South Jersey, Hutchinson Plumbing Heating Cooling Energy Services.