Savings: $1,000/month electric with more savings to come
- Building Automation System Upgrade
- High efficiency water heaters
- Exterior Lighting Upgrade
Joseph Anthony Retreat Spa and Salon is one of the premiere day spas in the tri-state area and prides itself on providing its discriminating clientele with exquisite services in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere – a true retreat from the every day.
Unsatisfied with his heating, cooling and erratic control system throughout the salon, Joe turned to Hutchinson for an energy facelift for his 24,500 sq. foot Glen Mills location.
The Hutchinson team conducted an energy assessment and analysis of energy efficient upgrades and calculated potential monthly savings.
- Building Automation System Upgrade – Installation of a new Honeywell WEBS system (replacing older Java technology) enables customized temperature control throughout the building to keep clients comfortable. This user-friendly system, accessed through a mobile device or computer, offers customer-controlled temperature set points, and the ability to see the space temperatures in real time and schedule individual areas for ultimate comfort.
Various areas in the salon need to be set for different temperature settings, depending on the service. For example, the spa’s salt inhalation room – a service that is unique to the U.S. – requires specific temperature settings that are a little cooler than the rest of the spa. Generally, the spa rooms need to be set higher and the salon area needs to be set cooler because of the high level of activity and blow dryers, and natural light through the windows. The spa is getting energy savings through scheduling and set point adjustments.
- High Efficiency Hot Water Heaters – Replacement of two inefficient 8-year-old hot water heaters with upgraded, high-efficiency units.
- Exterior Lighting Upgrade – 400 Watt Metal Halide parking lot light fixtures that were consuming over 16,000 KWH’s annually were replaced with 168 Watt LED fixtures that only consume 5,800 KWH annually. This upgrade generates a significant savings of over 10,000 KWH’s per year. “The LED lighting is not only more efficient, but it’s much better lighting and also enhances the look of our building,” says Joe.
In the salon and spa business, comfort and pampering go hand in hand,” says Joe Gaglioti, owner of the third-generation family business. “My clients expect to receive top quality services in a comfortable environment. So whether they’re getting a body exfoliation or specialty massage, they need to be comfortable throughout the entire experience.”
Joseph Anthony Retreat Spa and Salon
1.866.954.7333 | GeneralInfo@HutchBiz.com