Bill Hansen a Haddon Township, NJ resident & former Hutchinson Plumbing Heating Cooling Energy Service’s employee celebrates his 100th birthday. Bill retired at age 65 from his previous job and after just one year of retirement, he became unhappy with his newfound monotonous routine and realized he wanted to return to the workforce. Bill then found a new job at here at Hutchinson, where he remained for 32 years and established a successful career as a company sales representative and Permit Coordinator before his family urged him to finally retire at young age of 97. Bill has two children, six grandchildren, seven great grandchildren and one great-great grandchild. Bill is a member of the Haddonfield Lions Club and Eucharistic Minister at Christ the King Church in Haddonfield, NJ.
Bill’s Bio & Resume:
Born in Jersey City 1917
Family – Married (widowed Dorothy 2005) two children, six Grandfather, seven Great Grandchildren & one Great-great Grandchild
Education – 9th grade
Church/Civic – Christ the King Church (Haddonfield) member for over fifty years. Church Trustee, Past President Parish Council and still frequently serves as Alter Boy at daily mass.
Thirty Four Year member of the Haddonfield Lions Club – active in the Lions Eye Glass collections for many years
Delaware Valley Eye Bank – Serves a Board of Directors
Winner of Haddonfield Citizen of the Year award in 1987 for his many years of service to the community and his church.
- Grocery clerk at 14 years old
- Milk delivery boy by horse & buggy 1936 for 1-1/2 year
- Grocery Store Manager at 19 years old
- Federal Ship Yard Carney New Jersey – 1939 – 1941
- Cramp Shipyard (Philadelphia) 1941 – 45
- Bus Driver (South Jersey) 1945
- Standard Oil Pennsylvania 1945 (now Exxon) Started cutting grass, became oil delivery man , Sales Manager and Plant Operations overseeing 5 plants until the division was sold to Diamond Fuels in 1978
- Diamond Fuels – (Philadelphia) 1978 to 83 Sales Manager of Home Heating Oil and eventually Commercial Oil Sales
- Hutchinson Plumbing Heating Cooling (Cherry Hill NJ) 1983 to 2014 Construction Permit Coordinator:
Originally Bill was recruited to help develop and grow Hutchinson’s outside residential sales team. Implementing sales training, helping in marketing, and promotions and prior to computer programs Bill manually tracked sales leads and closing rates and calculated commissions for the sales staff.
Occasionally Bill made sales calls during the busy season as well. With the growth of the residential heating and cooling division Bill transitioned from those duties to Permit Coordinator. Quickly Bill became Hutchinson’s Good Will Ambassador in every local town’s City Hall construction office. Bill has made many friends during his daily routine of dropping off permits and picking them up once they were reviewed and approved, especially when delivering cookie trays during the Holidays to show his appreciation.
Bill is a passionate family man who attends many of his great grandchildren’s school and sports activities the same way he did for his grandchildren and his own children when they were playing sports.
- Still an Altar Boy & resident Invocation giver @ all Hutch affairs
- He started w/ Hutch – 1983
- His Job description – Construction Permit Coordinator
Leave your Well Wishes and Thoughts for Bill Below:
Submit your review
happy birthday Mr bill and best of wishes
Happy Birthday Mr Hansen! Best wishes and have a great 100th year!
Happy Birthday Mr. Hansen!! You are my spirit animal! Love, Shay
Happy birthday Mr. Hansen, What amazing guy and amazing career!!
Bill, thank you for all the great stories you shared with me and for always asking how my family is doing. Once again, Happy Birthday. Many more sir!Your friend,Steve
what an amazing life!! i was totally engrossed in the entire story from the horse drawn milk truck to the signing of a 1 day "Return to Work Employment Agreement" on your 100th birthday!!
Happy Birthday Bill and congratulations on celebrating your 100th birthday! Best Wishes!